This is an as-needed, as-available 1099 contractor position. You're not required to be available unless you've confirmed for an event. Once you're confirmed, you're required to show up.
As one of our Event Assistants, you will interact with our guests, clients, and chefs and anticipate their needs during private events held either at Cookhouse or at other locations in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Many would call this position a server; in fact, if you have been a server at a dining establishment or catering company, you’d have a lot of the skills we need. However, we call it an Event Assistant for a few reasons:
- Our events are not exclusively formal dinners, so we don’t want to set inaccurate expectations for you.
- We want our clients to be able to ask you for help with any aspect of the event, such as assisting with decor, AV/music, or even helping to get guests out on time, instead of thinking of you in a box as a server only.
- We expect you to anticipate the needs of our guests and clients as well as the vendors and be able to jump around to different people if needed, preventing any unpleasant surprises, and maximizing their fun.
We require that Event Assistants present themselves well in appearance and demeanor, have a good work ethic, and are experienced at solving problems on the spot.
Event Assistants provide the following services, including other relevant tasks as needed and as appropriate:
- Setting the table, assisting with decor or other tasks
- Serving and clearing food
- Pouring and serving beverages, including coffee service
- Washing and putting away dishes, keeping the space neat
- Setting up and warming food for buffet meals
- Assisting clients or chefs with loading in and loading out
- Transferring equipment between storage and the event space
- Making quick pick-ups at nearby businesses for the client or chef
Dogs are allowed at Cookhouse - just a heads up if you are allergic.
We’re lucky to have some excellent clients and event vendors who are friendly and fun to work with. We make an effort to match Event Assistants’ personality and experience to clients and events where possible.
Please send your resume, including references, to email@example.com. Include a favorite quote.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!